Purpose of position:
A leadership consultant fosters strong relationships with chapters, volunteers and universities within a region while providing coaching on operations, organizational development and General Fraternity initiatives. This person assists members and communities in the form of operational assessment and support, administrative support, leadership development, expansion and education through the promotion of the principles and obligations of our Fraternity.
Director of Operations and Education
- Self-awareness, knowing one’s internal states, preferences, resources, and intuitions (emotional awareness, accurate self-assessment, self-confidence)
- Self-regulation, managing one’s internal states, impulse and resources (self-control, trustworthiness, conscientiousness, adaptability, innovation)
- Self-motivation, managing one’s emotional tendencies that guide or facilitate reaching goals (achievement drive, commitment, initiative, optimism)
- Empathy, managing awareness of others’ feelings, needs, and concerns (understanding others, developing others, service orientation, leveraging diversity, political awareness)
- Social skills, adeptness at inducing desirable responses in others (influence, communication, conflict management, adaptability, leadership, change catalyst, building bonds, collaboration and cooperation, and team capabilities)
- Living the ritual, modeling of the Fraternity’s principles and obligations while exhibiting strong personal character and integrity.
- Member of Beta Theta Pi
- Clear understanding of Beta Theta Pi’s Mission, Vision and Ritual.
- Degree from an accredited four-year college or university
- Demonstrated leadership within the Fraternity and/or student organizations
- Desire for extensive travel and relocation to Oxford, Ohio
- Ownership or full access to an insured vehicle
- Professional conduct and appearance*
*Conservative business attire is the standard dress code for the office. Both business casual and business professional attire will also be required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the General Fraternity’s key “ambassador” within a region fostering strong relationships with chapters, volunteers and universities.
- Strengthen communication within your region and report on the current state of chapter/colony operations to all constituencies (chapter, volunteers, university, staff, etc.)
- Support the overall efforts and programs of the Fraternity by attending various inter-fraternal meetings, facilitating leadership experiences, conducting tours of the Administrative Office, assisting with the planning, preparation and execution of the annual General Convention, etc.
- Serve as the contact between the Administrative Office and all regional constituents regarding nearly all Fraternity matters.
- Serve as an operational “expert” on policies, best practices and traditions of the Fraternity and coach chapters, volunteers and universities to improve.
- Gather and positively influence the regional statistics and performance of chapters and be the point person for all relevant information.
- Facilitate in-depth goal-setting/programming sessions with chapters, working with officers, members, advisors and the university to assess, plan and motivate.
- Drive the recruitment, placement and coaching of advisors and district chiefs to effectively perform their duties.
- Develop resources, programs, workshops and presentations for use in assisting their constituencies, and train other staff members on their purpose, use and distribution/presentation.
- Serve as a “project manager” – developing project plans and managing their implementation according to dates, guidelines and expectations.
- Assist with the expansion and colony development process including (re)-founding father recruitment, operations, advisor training and member education.
- Executing a wide variety of tasks to support General Fraternity programming (leadership development opportunities, Convention etc…)
- Recruit men to General Fraternity leadership experiences.
- Play a role in both the recruitment and hiring process of potential General Fraternity employees as required, specifically future leadership consultants.
- Plan and execute projects assigned within the strategic direction of Beta Theta Pi.